Summer badminton is back! We are happy to offer our summer drop-in program at Saville Community Sports Centre once again!
We expect the regular badminton season to open in September so this will be a good opportunity to get back into the sport and practice safe participation.
Summer drop-in dates are as follows:
Please register by completing the following Google forms:
– Attendance numbers will be limited to 40 participants. You will be added to a waitlist should we reach our cap; you will receive notification if you’re on the waitlist.
– Cost $5 drop-in fee due upon arrival and before play. Please bring exact change.
– You will be required to complete an EDBA-Saville waiver upon arrival and before play.
– 6 available courts.
– Shuttles provided.
– Max two games per match.
– Please indicate your expected attendance to reserve your spots.
– You can re-submit changes by re-opening the link and add/remove the dates you can attend.
– We encourage you to wear your masks while indoors and in-between your matches.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
As city facilities begin to reopen, we are happy to offer our summer drop-in program again at Saville Community Sports Centre.
We expect the regular badminton season to open in September, this will be a good opportunity to get back into the sport and practice safe participation.
Summer drop-in dates are as follows:
- Sat 15 August || 01:30:PM to 03:30:PM
- Sat 22 August || 01:30:PM to 03:30:PM
- Sat 29 August || 01:30:PM to 03:30:PM
Please note there are strict COVID-19 guidelines which must be followed for each session. See below for details:
- Attendees must pre-register for EACH session on Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/edba-summer-badminton-tickets-115642593109
- A drop-in fee of $5 will be due upon arrival. Please bring exact change. EDBA will not be able to provide change, nor will allow prepayment for future sessions. No pay, no play.
- Attendance numbers will be limited to 30 participants.
- Attendees must be 14 years of age by date of the session.
- New/Sanitized shuttles will be provided by the EDBA.
- EDBA strongly encourages singles games (15 points). Max two games per match.
- Doubles games (to 21 points) are allowed ONLY for declared cohorts/family of up to 4. Max two games per match.
MUST-READ policies and safety information in the attached documents below:
Your cooperation is much appreciated to have a safe and fun game!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
***** IMPORTANT UPDATE *****
In light of the recent announcement by Alberta Health, and growing widespread concerns with COVID-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the upcoming tournament taking place the weekend of March 28-29th. While we know this news is disappointing to all of you, we believe this is the responsible route to take as the health and well-being of our badminton community is of utmost importance.
An email will be sent to all current registrants, and any registrants who have already paid will be issued a full refund in the coming days. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or for more general inquiries please contact email@example.com.
Everyone here at the Edmonton District Badminton Association would like to wish you good health and we thank you for your understanding during these uncertain times.
Registration will be opening this weekend for the upcoming 2020 EDBA Open Badminton Tournament held on March 28 and 31, 2020 at W.P. Wagner School (6310 Wagner Road) in Edmonton.
- Players over 16 years of age (as of January 1, 2020) are welcome to register
Click link for Registration and further details: 2020 EDBA Adult Open – Mar 28-29
EDBA Tournament Director