The City of Edmonton has removed its mandatory face coverings bylaw as of Tuesday, March 8, 2022.
While using gym facilities, the use of a face covering is not mandatory but recommended. However, each EDBA badminton club may have their own rules and regulations pertaining to masking during their court time usage.
Please speak with your badminton club representative for the club’s masking requirement.
The Edmonton District Badminton Association (EDBA) is a registered, non-profit organization. The EDBA is a member of Badminton Alberta, the provincial governing body for badminton in Alberta.
The EDBA acts as the central body for organizing and promoting badminton in Zone 6 of Alberta, which encompasses Edmonton and its greater area. For more information about the EDBA, please see About Us.
The EDBA provides many valuable programs and services to the badminton community in Edmonton. This includes coach development, junior and adult badminton training, tournament hosting, and a badminton club subsidy program to help lower the cost of playing badminton within the community.
The EDBA also organizes volunteers for local, provincial, national, and international badminton events hosted in Edmonton. We actively look for opportunities to work with Edmonton schools to promote badminton within the school community.
- 2022 EDBA Summer Drop-In Saturday Sessions @ Saville Community Sports Centre
- YMCA Badminton Tournament
- Yonex Badmintology Summer Showdown
- 2021 EDBA Summer Drop-In Saturday Sessions @ Saville Community Sports Centre
- CMF Sport and Culture Badminton Club
- 2020 EDBA Summer Drop-In Sessions @ Saville Community Sports Centre
- ***COVID-19 UPDATE***
- 2020 Concordia Jr OPEN Tournament