EDBA Junior Training Program (JTP)
The EDBA Junior Training Program (JTP) provides structured coaching for juniors (ages 8-17 years of age). Training is conducted by National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) coaches and the JTP aims to provide a solid foundation for high performance play.
The program currently consists of 3 levels, with each level consisting of 16 hours of structured skill development.
Please note that the JTP levels are not intended to be taken in rapid succession, unless the player is very comfortable executing all the skills taught in previous levels. It is recommended that players continue to play and practice at an EDBA junior club to become consistent with the skills learned. When the higher levels are offered, the coaches will assume that players are very comfortable with all the skills taught in the previous level.
Current Junior Training Opportunities
When there are current junior training opportunities, they will be posted here. To receive notification about new junior training opportunities, please sign up for the junior training email distribution list using the form provided on this page. For all other training inquiries, please email email@example.com.
- EDBA Junior Training Workshop – January 12, 2019 (12/20/2018)
- FREE Badminton lesson for Juniors on Sunday, June 3 (5/7/2018)
- Junior Badminton Doubles Workshop – Serve and Return Basic Module (Nov 6, 2016) (10/29/2016)
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – May 8, 2016 (5/6/2016)
Past Junior Training Events
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – January 24, 2016 (1/22/2016)
- 2015 Fall EDBA Junior Training Program – Level 1 (registration closed) (10/23/2015)
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – October 18, 2015 (10/12/2015)
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – October 4, 2015 (9/29/2015)
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – September 27, 2015 (9/23/2015)
- Junior Skill Improvement Workshop – September 20, 2015 (9/15/2015)
- 2015 Summer EDBA Junior Training Program – Level 1 (registration closed) (5/13/2015)
- 2013 West Edmonton Junior Summer Program (7/24/2013)