2019 CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OF EDMONTON
JUNIOR OPEN BADMINTON TOURNAMENT
UNDER 16 & UNDER 18 and JUNIOR HIGH DIVISION
Saturday, April 6th; 8am to 10pm
U18 Singles 8:00AM-10:00AM
U16 Singles 10:30AM-12:30PM
Jr High Singles 1:00PM-3:00PM
Jr High Doubles 3:00PM-4:30PM
U16 Doubles 4:30PM-6:00PM
U18 Doubles 6:30PM-8:30PM
Sunday, April 7th; 8am to 12pm (Mixed ALL EVENTS)
Concordia University of Edmonton
73 St. & 112 Ave. (West of Wayne Gretzky Drive)
First Event: $15.00
Second Event: $5.00
Third Event: $5.00
**Cash is preferred. If you bring a cheque, please try to bring the cheque for your team to the tournament. If the odd player cancels etc….refunds in cash will be provided.
Please make the cheque payable to “CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY OF EDMONTON” and please put at the bottom: Attention: Badminton. If you need a receipt, please let me know ahead of time, so I can get the necessary pieces of information from you.
EVENTS: Singles, Doubles, Mixed
SHUTTLES: Yonex Mavis 300 Nylon
ENTRY DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 3rd; 4:00pm
PHONE: Kevin MacAlpine- 238 – 6752
Click here to download the entry form.
Previous Team Champions
2008: E.W Pratt
2009: Bev Facey
2010: ArchBishop MacDonald
2011: Bev Facey
2012: St. Albert Catholic
2013: Bev Facey
2014: M.E Lazerte
2015: Old Scona
2016: Old Scona
2017: Ross Sheppard
2018: Ross Sheppard
Our 2019 EDBA Open Badminton Tournament is scheduled on March 30 and 31, 2019 at W.P. Wagner School (6310 Wagner Road) in Edmonton for players who are sixteen or older as of January 1, 2019.
- 4 events: Men’s Doubles, Ladies’ Doubles, Mixed Doubles, and “Combined 120+ for both players with minimum age of 40”.
- $25 for one event, $35 for two events (maximum two events allowed).
- Entry fee includes one EDBA T-shirt and we guarantee three games per event.
- Round Robin games on Saturday, Elimination matches on Sunday.
- Shuttles: Mavis 350.
- Deadline for entry: 5:00 pm on March 18, 2019.
- Maximum 25 teams per event. Entry is not completed until payment is paid in full.
- Handicap rules that only apply to 120+ teams:
- teams with one lady, 3 points handicap
- teams with two ladies, 5 points handicap
- teams with combined 130+, 3 points handicap
We introduce “Combined 120+ with minimum age 40” to promote different age groups. Each team member must be at least 40 year old, and the combined ages must meet or exceed 120.
If a men’s doubles pair whose combined age meets or exceeds 130yrs are matched against a mixed doubles pair whose combined age is under 130yrs, there will be no advantage.
A ladies’ doubles pair whose combined age meets or exceeds 130yrs will have an 8 point advantage against a men’s doubles pair whose combined age is under 130yrs.
Our EDBA treasurer Felix Yuen will be the person depositing the money into an EDBA account.
If you are paying by cheque, please write down the name(s) of the player(s) on the cheque and mail it to “PO Box 22565, Southbrook PO, Edmonton, AB T6W 0C3”. In the meantime, please email email@example.com the registration form and the photo of the cheque.
If you are paying by e-transfer, please send the registration fee to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the player’s name in the “Message to Contact” section. The question is “What is your favorite sport?” and the answer is “badminton.” Once your e-transfer is made, our EDBA treasurer and tournament director will both automatically receive a notification email.
In order to cut down data input for our volunteers.
Please complete the online entry to our Tournament Software link.
- each player register by clicking the link we provide
- click the online entry tab
- create a new user account name and password
- complete the registration field.
Looking forward to seeing you in this fun tournament!
EDBA Tournament Director