Hello Players and Parents,
The 2018 EDBA Junior Open Tournament will be held at W.P. Wagner School Gym (6310 Wagner Road
) on January 13 & 14, 2018
. Entry fee is $15.00 for a maximum of three events. (Singles, same sex doubles and mixed doubles). The fee includes a T-shirt.
EDBA Rules and Exceptions for the tournament:
- Event will take place on January 13 and 14, 2018 at W.P. Wagner School Gym (6310 Wagner Road, Edmonton)
- The event is open to the public ages 16 or younger on January 1, 2018. It is not restricted to EDBA members.
- Entry deadline – email your information to email@example.com by 5:30 pm on December 29, 2017 (form details below). $15 Entry fee must also be paid via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org by the specified deadline. Entry will not be complete until both form and payment have been submitted.
- The entry fee is $15 and allows a player to enter a maximum of 3 events. Player will also receive a free T-shirt and free draw for door prizes.
Shirt sizes available: 1. Youth Medium / 2. Youth Large / 3. Adult Small / 4. Adult Medium / 5. Adult Large / 6. Adult Extra Large
- There will be 4 Age Categories: U11, U13, U15 and U17 for all events; GS, GD, BS, BD and XD.
- Tentatively, boys events (elimination format) start at 9 AM and finish at 3:00 PM on Saturday.
- Girls events (round robin format) start at 3:00 PM Saturday afternoon.
- Mixed Doubles (elimination format) start at 9 AM Sunday morning.
- Players who withdraw from the tournament may not receive a refund on entry fees submitted.
- EDBA reserves the right to limit total number of entries accepted on a first-come-first served basis and combine, cancel, and rearrange events and age groups depending on the number of entries.
- Draw will be posted as a link and distributed to players via email on or before January 8, 2018. For more information including draws, please visit the EDBA web site at www.edba.org or e-mail email@example.com. Players must abide by EDBA rules and decisions regarding the tournament.
To register, please complete and send the below information to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5:30 pm on December 29, 2017
1.) Name (Last, First): _____
2.) Gender: _____
3.) Contact email: _____
4.) Emergency contact Phone: _____
5.) Emergency contact name (Last, First): _____
6.) Events entered:
7.) Shirt Size: _____
8.) Badminton Club: _____
9.) I acknowledge all the rules and exception of EDBA (YES/NO): ___
1.) Harrington, Josh
5.) Snow, Jon
6.) BS U15
BD U13 with Stark, Tony
XD U13 with Prince, Diana
7.) Youth Large
8.) Awesome Badminton Club
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for the players, our Tournament completed on time. A big thank you to our volunteers, Peter, Calvin, Dr. Eva, Dr. Karen, Wendy, Atul, Padgett, John Wu, Roger, Jennifer, Joan, Jessica, Violet, Thomas and Nathan C. We could not make this event happen without them.
Last but not least, we have to thank our sponsor, Sportfactor Inc., for the door prizes they generously provided.
Our next event, 2018 EDBA Junior Open is on January 13 and 14, 2018 at W.P. Wagner School Gym. The details are posted in the EDBA Website.
I hope to see you all then.
Thank You !
The EDBA Fall Junior Open will be held on December 2 and 3, 2017 at WP. Wagner Gym (6310 Wagner Road, Edmonton).
- The event is open to public. It is not restricted to EDBA members.
- Entry deadline is November 17, 2017.
- Draws will be posted as a link and distributed to players via email on or before November 27.
- The $15 fee allows a player to enter a maximum of 3 events.
- Player will also receive a free T-shirt and free draw for door prizes.
- Tentatively, boys events (elimination format) start at 9 AM and finish at 1:30 PM on Saturday. Girls events (round robin format) start at 1:30 PM and finish by 5:30 PM Saturday afternoon. Mixed doubles (elimination format) start at 9 AM Sunday morning.
Please complete and submit the attached pdf form for all entries, per submission instructions on form:
2. Download and save to your computer.
3. Instead of double clicking the file name, please “Open with” Adobe Reader to ensure the form can be viewed properly.
For further questions and/or concerns regarding the tournament, please contact Amy Choy, Tournament Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Welcome to the 2017 EDBA Fall Junior Open Tournament on Dec 2 and 3, 2017 at W.P. Wagner High School Gym (6310 Wagner Road, Edmonton
The draw will be made via the link here :
- Many boys entered the tournament as singles and doubles. As a result, Saturday will be ONLY BS and BD. It will also spill onto the first hour on Sunday.
- First Girl games start at around 9:25 am Sunday.
- First Mixed Doubles start at around 2:00 pm Sunday.
Please arrive 20 minutes prior to your first game to register and collect your t-shirt.
Please forward this link to your partner(s) who has not provided us email contact.
*** Please note that some participants are allergic to perfume, cologne, scented hair products, so please refrain from using these.
Date: April 22 – 23, 2017
Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: W.P. Wagner High School
Events: Men’s Doubles, Women’s Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Fees: $25 for one event, $35 for two events
Entry forms received by: 5:30 p.m., April 7, 2017
Please click here for detailed information.