The EDBA provides a wide variety of badminton related programs and services to the community year-round. These programs and services are designed to promote badminton as an affordable, life-long sport of choice for people of all ages within the greater Edmonton community.
EDBA programs and services include:
- Centrally managed booking of badminton gyms for EDBA member clubs
- Subsidize the cost of gym rental and shuttles for EDBA member clubs
- Fund and organize public and interclub badminton tournaments
- Manage and conduct badminton training for juniors and adults in the community
- Organize and sponsor development of badminton coaches through the EDBA Coaching Development Program
- Sponsor and support sustainable development of badminton officials in the greater Edmonton area
- Organize and provide volunteers to support key badminton events hosted in Edmonton such as the Canadian National Badminton Championships, Western Canada Summer Games, World Masters Games, Corporate Challenge, etc.
- Work with municipal and provincial sports organizations to promote and develop badminton
- Advocate and promote the interests of the badminton community with the City of Edmonton
- Donate badminton equipment to needy organizations and for worthwhile cause
The majority of EDBA badminton programs run during the normal school-year from September through June. These are augmented by badminton programs during the summer months. Public and interclub tournaments typically run during spring. Liaison activities with other sports organizations occur throughout the year.
The EDBA dedicates substantial resources and effort to run junior badminton programs and services.
We are proud to have the privilege of representing and serving the badminton community in Edmonton. EDBA programs and services are open to the Edmonton public community and we are always looking for ideas on how we can improve our programs and services. If you have any suggestions or you need more information on any of the EDBA programs and services, please contact us. We love to hear from you.