Please note that a limited number of courts have been added to the 2017 EDBA 55+ Free Play Program at W.P. Wagner High School:
Saturday, Oct 21: 2 to 4 p.m.
Sunday, Oct 22: Noon to 2 p.m.
A reminder that the EDBA 55+ Free Play program is open to the public for players 55 and older and not restricted to EDBA Clubs members. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com. Please bring your own shuttles and non marking court shoes.
Edmonton District Badminton Association
On October 28th, the Edmonton Sport and Social Club will be hosting their first-ever Badminton Tournament at the B-Active Badminton Club.
This is a recreational tournament, perfect for beginners or those just looking to have a fun day. The theme will be Halloween, we’d love to see all our competitors dressed to impress! The cost is $110/team or $55/individual (it’s a doubles tournament, if an individual registers we do our best to match them with a teammate). There are no gender restrictions for this tournament, and teams are guaranteed a minimum of 4 best-of-three matches.
Please visit the website for further details: https://www.edmontonsportsclub.com/tournaments/badminton/2017-October-28
The EDBA Fall Junior Open will be held on December 2 and 3, 2017 at WP. Wagner Gym (6310 Wagner Road, Edmonton).
- The event is open to public. It is not restricted to EDBA members.
- Entry deadline is November 17, 2017.
- Draws will be posted as a link and distributed to players via email on or before November 27.
- The $15 fee allows a player to enter a maximum of 3 events.
- Player will also receive a free T-shirt and free draw for door prizes.
- Tentatively, boys events (elimination format) start at 9 AM and finish at 1:30 PM on Saturday. Girls events (round robin format) start at 1:30 PM and finish by 5:30 PM Saturday afternoon. Mixed doubles (elimination format) start at 9 AM Sunday morning.
Please complete and submit the attached pdf form for all entries, per submission instructions on form:
2. Download and save to your computer.
3. Instead of double clicking the file name, please “Open with” Adobe Reader to ensure the form can be viewed properly.
For further questions and/or concerns regarding the tournament, please contact Amy Choy, Tournament Director at firstname.lastname@example.org